MindWare Psychophysiology Seminar and Workshop – Chicago
September 11th – 13th, 2020
Our second Psychophysiology Seminar and Workshop for 2020 is taking place the weekend of September 11th-13th, 2020 at the Warwick Allerton Hotel in Chicago, Illinois!
Join MindWare Technologies, along with presenters Dr. Greg Norman and Dr. Gary Berntson, for a full weekend of learning and networking. This seminar will cover heart rate variability, impedance cardiography, and electrodermal activity – from the origins in the body to data collection, analysis, and use cases.
Greg Norman received his PhD in psychology from Ohio State University in 2010. After graduation, he worked as a postdoctoral research scholar in the social neuroscience lab of John T. Cacioppo at University of Chicago. Norman joined the faculty at University of Chicago in 2012 as an Assistant Professor of Psychology with a secondary appointment in Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience.
Gary Berntson is an Emeritus Professor of Psychology at Ohio State University. He has published over 200 peer-reviewed articles and edited numerous books, including Handbook of Psychophysiology and Handbook of Neuroscience for the Behavioral Sciences. He has held offices in Society for Psychophysiological Research, served on federal advisory committees and journal editorial boards, and as a fellow in various professional associations.
Every year researchers with different backgrounds in various stages of their career come together from around the world to learn, discuss, and network at a MindWare seminar. You can expect a lot from our best seminar yet:
- Going to multiple seminars is expensive. With this single event, you can gain a comprehensive understanding of multiple physiological measures – from their origins in the body, to hands-on experience collecting and analyzing these data, to interpreting the results.
- You will learn from true experts in the field with numerous publications and real-world, practical research experience.
- Get personalized feedback during individual consultations and answers to your data and science questions.
- Take the opportunity to meet colleagues and future collaborators during the networking event Friday night with free food/drinks!
Event Site and Hotel Block
The event will be held at the historic Warwick Allerton hotel along Chicago’s famed Magnificant Mile.
Warwick Allerton – Chicago
701 Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
We have negotiated discounted rates for the duration of the seminar. Save time and stress by staying on-site! Hotel block pricing is as follows*:
*Excludes 17.4% occupancy tax
Plan your commute to the hotel ahead of time so you’re not stuck trying to figure details out last minute after a long day of traveling.
If you are traveling by air:
- GO Express Shuttle
- Estimated taxi fare:
- 40-50 USD (one way, O’Hare International Airport)
- 30-40 USD (one way, Midway Airport)
- Train – 5 USD/person
If you are traveling by car:
Parking located at Park One Chicago – 535 N. St. Clair Street. Guests can valet park at 535 N. St. Clair Street or a garage attendant will park your car upon entering the garage. Parking is $60.00 overnight. Guests of the Warwick Allerton – Chicago have in and out privileges.
Student Registration: $565.00
Early Bird Pricing until May 11th:
Early Bird Registration: $565.00
Early Bird Student Registration: $535.00
If you cancel your registration before July 31st, 2019, you are entitled to a full refund. Cancellations received on or after July 31st will not receive a refund. To cancel your registration, email [email protected] or call us at 614-626-4888.
Need help requesting funding? We’ve got you covered!
- Download this attendance request letter to show the value you will bring to your lab/institution by attending.
For general information, send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 614-626-4888. See you in Chicago!